Wednesday, February 20, 2013

This land is your land NC version

After listening to the great activist workshop I posted last the song kept going through my head .This land is your land ,this land is my land ....
So Decided to find the original version ,turns out the Original was wrote in1940 and changed instantly then many times again.
This_Land_Is_Your_Land
I decided to see if I could find a revise and this one was interesting.


Wow if they can do it why cant I ?
So I decided to write one for NC .

NC is your land . NC is my land

From Blue Ridge Mountains   
to the Bald Head Island  ;
We want clean waters
& no benzene in our air
This land was made for you and me.

As I went walking, I saw a sign there

And on the sign it said, "No Fracking here."
It was there to, send the gasman packing,
That sign was made for you and me.

When we go driving down  NC highways,

We don’t need fracking methane, in our skyway:
We are proud Tarheels ,that like to breath
This land was made for you and me.

Those nasty chemicals, used for fracking

Are so scary and the studies are lacking
We dont feel safe from, their extracting
This land was made for you and me.

NC is your land . NC is my land

From Blue Ridge Mountains
to the Bald Head Island ;
We want clean waters
& no benzene in our air
This land was made for you and me.

The MEC try to sell us forced pooling

Who do they think they’re fooling?
“It’s stealing rights, of our land!”
This land was made for you and me.
 

I've studied hard, yet can‘t feel sure

That the politician’s motives are truly pure?
To stand up for us,
Instead of the gas company?
This land was made for you and me.

NC is your land , NC is my land

From Blue Ridge Mountains ,

to the Bald Head Island  ;

We want clean waters & air benzene free
This land was made for you and me.


 Now to find someone with a voice and a guitar ?

Peace and a good life to you all.  

2 comments:

  1. Ive got a voice and a guitar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to hear you on youtube , I promise you'll get hits there ! We will share it everywhere!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Real Comments are always welcome!
We welcome real opinions and information .
Trolls are not tolerated .
If you are here to advertise , It will be deleted asap .
Please know I will be doing this daily so go ahead and Comment !