Thursday, January 3, 2013

If Hawks could talk

Hello everyone Happy 2013
I have had a true passion for hawks since I was a child .
The fascination has only gotten stronger as I have grown older.
Just years ago my Honey bought me a wonderful camera and I have had the joy of taking many pics through the years of several hawks . 
Recently I was blessed getting several shots of this hawk .




What do you think it is ?
I am still trying to figure out which one it is since it never made a sound.
 Yes they talk ,sing ,scream one even sounds kinda like a large woodpecker ...!
For years I thought the fellow that has been visiting my yard was an crazy Red tail hawk .

But once I heard the voice of the red tail I knew He was a different bird . hear the redtail voice
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red-tailed_Hawk/id

He is actually a Red Shouldered ,listen to his crazy call here
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red-shouldered_Hawk/id


these next 4 are of my noisy and nosey buddy the red shoulder hawk. He has been visiting 4 years now .






 

 
I think this is a red shoulder but this shot was taken 100's of feet away
 
I think this is a Sharp-shinned Hawk ,but maybe Cooper's
better pic on next 2 shots . keeping this for detail of id.


 


2 still shots then in the air ,they are so graceful looking flying.



 





























not sure which this is?






or this one ??

Well one day I will  get these in an album with the right name .
Here is another blog I wrote about Hawks and other critters visiting too
http://northcarolinaflowers.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-red-tail-hawk-friend-and-critters.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Real Comments are always welcome!
We welcome real opinions and information .
Trolls are not tolerated .
If you are here to advertise , It will be deleted asap .
Please know I will be doing this daily so go ahead and Comment !