Saturday, November 17, 2012

My Red Tail Hawk friend and Critters who visit

I needed a break from fighting the Frack so decided to share some of what is important to me in NC.
 
I started watching him in 2009 he was a young thing then ...I call him Baby Boy ,(even though He is a father now)
I recognize his call from the others ...He is very vocal!  
he knows I am there. He is young here

playing with it's pray in my back yard
I found this one this spring of 2012
sometimes the hawks are perched way up high

I did not know Red-tailed hawks are monogamous and may mate for life. They make stick nests high above the ground, in which the female lays one to five eggs each year. Both sexes incubate the eggs for four to five weeks, and feed the young from the time they hatch until they leave the nest about six weeks later.
Average life span in the wild:
21 years
found this info at ... check out the link you can click the audio button there and hear the sound he makes.
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/birds/red-tailed-hawk/

I think this is a Sharp-shinned Hawk , maybe Cooper's
better pic on next 2 shots . keep this for detail of id.







We try to make our yard eco friendly and animal friendly also!




 



my cat and dog paid this no mind at all







These are just a sampling of the wonderful visits we get . It is a reminder of why we need to protect the environment for all of us !
Thanks for stopping by !
Peace and Blessings to you !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Real Comments are always welcome!
We welcome real opinions and information .
Trolls are not tolerated .
If you are here to advertise , It will be deleted asap .
Please know I will be doing this daily so go ahead and Comment !