Monday, February 7, 2011

Things that make me smile in the winter

 Thanks for stopping by I have found myself with the winter blahs for a few days so decided to upload some of the 'Things that make me smile in the winter '
 I have no idea what kind of mushroom this is but I am sure it should not be messed with !
          This little weed is turning red , it looks pretty on cards and bookmarks with flowers! 
The Red Bellied Woodpecker keeps me busy chasing after him ,in hope to get 1 shot or 2 before he flies off.



 Ginger on Vole Patrol , one of her favorite jobs

 She is constantly moving those big ears like  radar. If she hears it she pounces like a fox !



She also sounds like the truffle hunting pigs

& dogs , the way she snorts . She will come up sneezing sometimes , it is so amusing.

 This set of  Canadian Geese have decided to stay awhile , thinking about nesting , I hope !They were are curious of me too.

 I was heading into Walmart and had to stop and take these shots with my cell phone ! Wish I could have got it with my good camera .

 The guy in the truck must have thought I liked his truck. I stood there taking pictures right above it.

 I think I may play with this on picasa and see if I can hide the electric lines and use it to print backgrounds for my art?
 The Pansies have graced me with a bloom or two through the worst of weather . I actually got a few dozen to press the other day.


 I found out NC has several woodpeckers  In the state of North Carolina, 469 species of birds have been recorded.
The Red-cockaded Woodpecker has been the focus of conservation efforts even before the passing of the Endangered Species Act in 1970. 
I am going to look back through my pictures of woodpeckers to see if I have one of these around here? We have several varieties , 
I just need to pay attention to what I am shooting!  
article on Red-cockaded Woodpecker 
For info on the Red bellied 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-bellied_Woodpecker
Thanks for stopping by , Peace

1 comment:

  1. Gosh I enjoyed this! I needed cheering up too. Thanks, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Real Comments are always welcome!
We welcome real opinions and information .
Trolls are not tolerated .
If you are here to advertise , It will be deleted asap .
Please know I will be doing this daily so go ahead and Comment !